Get Health and Medical Information You Need

Have No Cure For Your Chronic Pain? Find A Neurosurgeon To Find New Treatment Options

If you have seen your general care provider and other medical professionals for chronic pain and you think that you have suffered some trauma or an injury and your doctors maybe missed it or it wasn't treated properly, you may need to see a neurologist. There are many misinterpretations of pain, and you may not have found the true source of your pain yet, or you may have had multiple misdiagnoses. You want to start by doing the following.

Check for Neurological Concerns

It can often be misinterpreted that there is an injury in the body that is causing the pain, but instead, the problem causing the pain may be neurological. If there are complications with the nervous system or the brain, this could be why the pain isn't being treated with therapy, pain relief techniques, or types of medications.

You want to make an appointment with a pain management physician that specializes in neurosurgery or neurology. With answers from the expert, you can move forward with treatment options and choices.

Try to Target Your Pain Triggers

Pay attention to your surroundings to see if there is some type of stimulation that triggers a reaction. A certain type of exercise movement, purse carrying, or even changes in lighting can trigger the nerves and cause pain. Keep a journal and log your activities so you can try to provide the neurologist with some information when you go for your appointment.

Explore Alternative Medical Pain Options

If you're seeing a regular doctor, you may want to try some alternative health options to help with the pain instead. Massage therapy and acupuncture may be able to help with the pain, along with some red light treatments and other options. Exploring these options can be a great way to get some relief while you are working with the neurologists to get to the bottom of the problem.

If you know that you don't want to spend a lifetime trying to use prescription medications to treat the chronic pain that you are suffering from, it's time to find out where your pain is coming from. If you are worried about what doctor will be the best for your condition, you will want to talk with your general practitioner about it, or you may want to meet with more than one neurologist to see which one will be the best at helping you with treating and eliminating the pain you have. Contact a medical facility like Southwest Florida Neurosurgical & Rehab Associates to learn more.